- Computer running Windows 7 Operating System or above
- Computer with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 or above
- Available for download here (external link): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56116
- Computer with ArcGIS for Desktop 10.X or higher or ArcGIS Engine
- This license is not included with Wildfire Analyst
- Esris ArcGIS Desktop software is no longer available via free trial. This is a fairly new development. WFA requires ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Engine, which are no longer available for free. Those of you affiliated with a local, state, or federal agency or university will likely have access to ArcGIS Desktop through your employer.
For those unaffiliated with an agency or university or entity with access to ArcGIS Desktop, the software is now available via annual subscription of $100. This service is available through the Personal Use Program and you can enroll here: http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/arcgis-for-personal-use
- You need to have the installation package provided by Technosylva, Inc.
- You need to have administrator rights on the computer you are going to install Wildfire Analyst
- Or be able to Right Mouse Click and "Run as Administrator" or "Run as Elevated"
- If you would like to use the WindNinja wind model in Wildfire Analyst, you will need to download and install it on your computer.
- Available for download here (external link): http://www.firelab.org/document/windninja-software
- GIS data containing required data for running wildfire simulations in Wildfire Analyst
- Pre-configured Data Packages can be provided by Technosylva. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Alternatively, data can be downloaded for free from other sources of GIS data (e.g., LANDFIRE, USGS, USDA, etc.).
- This requires familiarity with GIS data and sources to properly configure.
Check the prerequisites list first!
Unzip the downloaded zip file into a temporary folder with Write permissions
Find in the unzipped folder the file named setupWildfireAnalyst.exe and run it with administrative privileges
Select your preferred language for the installation and click Next
Click Next again in the following window
If warned about installation location, click OK
Select the folder you wish to install Wildfire Analyst into and click Next to start the installation
Most users will be notified that Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable is being installed. This is software used by many programs installed on Windows computers.
Check the box for I agree to the license terms and conditions and click Install and once complete, click Close
- If the installation is successful, the following screen will be presented: Click Finish to complete the installation process
Licensing Wildfire Analyst
- After successfully installing Wildfire Analyst, launch the software from the Desktop icon or your list of programs.
- A screen with three options will appear:
If you are requesting a license, fill out the form seen below and click Request license:
firstname.lastname@example.org. This message will hit our licensing system. You should receive a license code in your email within 24 hours.
- Once you receive a license code via email, return to the Validate license window by relaunching WFA and click I already have a license code and copy/paste the code into the screen below and click Validate code entered and Back
Installation of the software and activation of your license is now complete!